David Knopfler Blog

Somewhat political observations

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Another political rant

I've got Myspace.com or knopfler.com for my music - so I figure this is the place for a good political rant and here's a line I read today that is gagging for a reaction...

"Even the Europeans are fed up with them" ... says former Whitehouse advisor and neo-con, Richard Perle on the present Iranian Government. Uh... What's with the Even Richard? Are we normally jerk offs then? And speaking of jerk offs - will someone just remind me why Perle had to resign? Something about conflict of interests ... isn't it ever when there's a lot of money swilling around. I guess when the BIGGEST REACTIONARY ASSHOLE in Washington tries to kill the story of award winning journalist from The New Yorker, then I guess the idea is everyone will stop worrying about US troop build-ups on the Iraq side of the Iranian border. You have to wonder if Iran was always in the trigger sights? And hey, won't all the media be relieved when it's just a conventional invasion ... it'll seem so moderate and reasonable

As it happens the democratically elected PM of Iran is an ignorant jerk too and a racist one at that... but at least he's an elected jerk...and presumbly someone who Saddam Hussain would have had no qualms about taking out, in the days when Saddam worked for the CIA and was being armed to the teeth by Rumsfeld and co.

When the US national debt is 4 trillion a year and according to the Financial Times yesterday, almost 50% of it is due to the spike in oil prices (great news for Bush core constituents in Texas) is this really what is in America's national interest? Okay I'm done here before I really get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home